Self Advocacy means speaking up for yourself about important things that may stop you having the same opportunities in life that most people take for granted.
It also means doing things for yourself, making changes happen, talking about problems, knowing your rights and responsibilities, making friends and having fun.
- Having more control over our lives
- Sharing news and talking about things that are important to us
- Making friends, chilling out and having fun
- Doing things we want
- Doing things our way
- Talking about problems
- Becoming independent and responsible
- Respecting and trusting each other
- Sharing our feelings and being listened to
- Helping make big decisions to change things for ourselves and other people